Ireland is the only Celtic country that is independent, wheres all the rest are anschlussed by Germanics. Their relationship with UKball is tough for centuries. It is still mad at it for not helping it during its famine but very much relies on it with trade. The two are part of the British - Irish Council, showing that they still have some friends. When Northern Irelandball is not only saying "BOMB", "Norn Iron", and etc. They sometimes fight. Usually when "Norn Iron" is "dumb" it usually tries to steal it from UKball.
In 1603, England forced Irelandball to become Protestant (see above), and conquered it in 1649. Then in 1688-1692, Englandball fought a war against Catholic Irelandball, resulting in Ireland becoming mostly Protestant, and laws that removed most of Catholic Ireland's rights, but over the years Irelandball regained its Catholic way and is now mostly Catholic.
In 1798, Irelandball rebelled against Britainball, resulting in its young, Ulsterball, being taken away by the new UKball in 1801. Then in 1845, Ireland lost its 🥔 potatoes. Then again in 1847, and 1851. This led to thoughts of independence from UKball, but this was not shared by Ulsterball, who decided to remain as part of UKball in 1912.
In 1916, while UKball was busy fighting German Empireball, Ireland started fighting it for independence. Eventually, in 1921, Ireland can into independence, but part of Ulster stayed with UKball to become Northern Irelandball leaving 26 out of 32 parts of their island.
This caused a brutal and bloody 40-year long war between the two nations, known as The Troubles (this war was not endorsed by either nation). Ireland remained neutral in WWII (known in Ireland as The Emergency) to prove its independence from UKball. In 1973, UKball joined EUball, and since Ireland had such strong trade agreements with UKball it joined also.
When both UKball and Irelandball got tired of the 40-year-border crisis with Northern Irelandball, they signed the Good Friday agreement on 10 April 1998 to keep "happy" with UKball. The Good Friday Agreement included the removal of the border between both nations (This was thanks to EUball's new open border treaty), and [2 and Article 3] of the 'BUNREACHT NA hÉIREANN' or 'Constitution Of Ireland' to be changed, with an overwhelming 90% of the Irish population voting for the agreement.
In 2016 it became richer than UKball in GDP per capita. It still wants more 🥔 potatoes though.
It also won Eurovision more than anyone else - a record seven times (though Swedenball is catching up to it)!
|Shamrock Green||22, 155, 98||C86-M0-Y37-K39||#169B62|
|White||255, 255, 255||N/A||#FFFFFF|
|Mango Tango||255, 136, 62||C0-M47-Y76-K0||#FF883E|
- Scotlandball - Me best Friend and sibling.
- Latviaball - ME 🥔 POTATO FRIEND!!
- Icelandball -
Name stealerWe both have similar names. It's a good ball to be around. We also hate Tea and Terrorist
- USAball - There are a lot of Irish immigrants in USAball. USAball sometimes claims to be part Irish which annoys me. I don't really like them that much, but I mean I don't hate it. However, Irelandball dislikes American tourists. And there's an Irish Pub in Manhattan. It's special.
- Australiaball - Cousin who lives in th' South
Pacific, About 1/3 of the Australian population is significant of Irish descent. It also enjoys the love of 🥔 potatoes but mostly makes hot chips with 'em.
- Argentinaball - Best friend. I teached it how to use ships as weapons! T'ey hates UKball (especially Englandball)... T'ey also has significant Irish heritage. There's a friendship song about us!
- Northern Irelandball - Me twin, we were once one but now dis tea is hoggin' ye. GET. OFF. THE FENCE. AND STOP WITH NORN IRON FLEG! 26+6=1! Honestly, I believe that UKball certainly wants to get rid of you at the first opportunity.
- Polandball - Happy 100th birthday to you, my best Slavic friend! It also likes 🥔 potatoes and loves gettin' drunk. There are also many Poles in my clay.
- San Marinoball - Also has a crap neighbour: Italyball (Please don't kill me Italyball).
- Canadaball - A lot of Irish immigrants there and they gave us 🥔 potatoes.
- Lithuaniaball - Me alcoholic, 🥔 potato eating Catholic friend.
- Peruball - The mythical, glorious clay from which 🥔 potatoes originated, they also love potatoes. I don't have much of a relationship with Peruball, but love 'em for that.
- Indonesiaball - I call it me relative but they always say I'm not their relative. We both want to destroy this c*nt! Also it likes 🥔 potatoes.
- South Koreaball - Close friends bonded by religion and history. I sent many o' me Catholic priests in its clay; as well as George Lewis Shaw to help its inpedendence from Empire of Japanball.
- Basqueball - Me IRA supported 'im durin' 'is wee tantrum in the 1980s. Thinks they're an alien 'cause of 'is weird gab.
- Cataloniaball - Aye, it's just tried ta get 'is independence from 'is bitchy parent. 2017 NEVER FORGET! One a' these days, Catalonia, ya gonna get yer independence and I'm behind ya!
- Franceball - We both hated the UK, but now we are both allied with them. GIB INDEPENDENCE TO BRITANNY, also, WHY DID YOU CHEAT IN 2009? HANDBALL!, and why did you gave your young my flag, IT CAN'T BE TWO IRELANDS!
- Austriaball - It is of lost member of Celtic family. Its Celtic language (Noric) is dead but it can into honorary Celt. Also it can into neutrality and beer like me.
- Japanball - I like its anime.
- Swedenball - Best friends for life.
- Choctawball - They kindly sent us $5,000 (in today's money) to assist us during the potato famine.
- Palestineball - You will be free. I feel bad for you. I am actually the most Pro-Palestinian country in Europe. Soon I will recognise you and maybe cut diplomatic relations with Oy vey, Currently supplying it with humanitarian aids and 🥔 P O T A T O E S.
- Spainball - My sibling.
Portugalball - My Good Friend and Sibling.
- Denmarkball - Never forget how ye beat me with 5-1 which cause me t' miss World Cup 2018. I'm happy Croatia beat ye Danskjävel. FUCK YE! ERIKSEN SHOULDN'T SHOW 'IS FACE IN DUBLIN AGAIN! YE LOSE IN WORLD CUP! Still kinda friends though...
- Idahoball - 🥔 Potato rival.
- Israelcube - I know our relationships are complicated but FREE PALESTINE!!
OR ELSE NO 🥔 FOR YOU...
- Russiaball - Well I can't feckin' believe I won against you with 35-0 but i am kinda fine with you now tho, Also You are a good friend!!!
- EUball - WHY DID YOU PASS THAT DIRECTIVE?! NOW MY INTERNET-BASED ECONOMY IS DOOMED! DOOMED I TELL YOU!
- ] Belarusball - We both can into potatoes 🥔!! Also, WHAT TAE FECK ARE YE DOING? Forcing one of me planes to land because of a journalist ye hate and also attacking protesters? If ye Keep doin' this then I'll kick ye out of the Potato Union. Watch it!
- Norwayball - BUT WHY YE INSULT MAH MATE OI HAVE FASTER GROWING HDI THAN YE SO OI CAN PASS'IN YER HDI!
- Irish Republican Armyball - Aye, it is not much a bugger as it used t' be, but it is still active in me clay. But Spain hates me because you support Catalonia and Basque.
- UKball - My mate, never forget potato famine! At least we're trying to restore relationships nowadays.
- Idiot flag stealer - A French copycat of myself in Africa! I ADOPTED THAT FLAG ON 1921 AND YOU DID IT ON 1959! JUST CHANGE IT RIGHT NOW!! They ruin my reputation and made me look like a terrorist supporter.
- Chinaball - THIS COMMIE BITCH THINK THEY CAN IMPACT A STRICT LAW ON MY RELATIVE?? I VOW TO TAKE REVENGE!!
- North Koreaball - NO! At least we can into potatoes. BUT REMOVE KIM FAMILY!
- Venezuelaball - They hate me for being friends with USAball. REMOVE HUGO CHAVEZ AND MADURO! At least we both hate Bennettreich.
- Sometimes it wears a green hat.
- It is one of the most alcoholic countryballs in the world.
- It is rumored that there are approximately 13 million chickens in Ireland. That's roughly three chickens for every inhabitant of the country!
- Ireland is not a very sunny country. So much so that the highest temperature ever recorded there was 33°C (91,4 °F), which in countries such as Brazil is a very normal and generic temperature for the summer.
- The bathrooms do not have switches or sockets, as with high humidity of the country it can be dangerous. Needless to say, electric showers are out of the question.
- THERE ARE NO SNAKES IN IRELAND. Yes, this is an amazing feature that Ireland has! And legend has it that St. Patrick's was the one who drove the snakes out of Ireland. However, the absence of these animals is explained by the Irish climate not being favorable for them to live and breed in the country.
- With Celtic and Nordic influences coming from the Vikings, Irish culture has a folklore full of mythological beings. Fairies, goblins and wizards are part of it.
- Irish breakfast is a real feast! The meal includes fried or scrambled eggs, toast, tomatoes, bacon, beans, sausage and, in some places, potato and mushroom tarts are also served.
- In 1882, in the first football (soccer to Americans) game between Ireland and England, the English beat the Irish 13×0! Of course, after that, they improved a lot, so much so that they already participated in 3 World Cups.
- The main language spoken in Ireland is English (and with a very strong accent), but Gaelic (Irish) is also considered the country's official language. However, not all Irish speak Gaelic.
- In Gaelic language, the native name of the country (Éire) is a feminine noun. The name is derived from Old Irish Ériu, the name of a goddess of the Irish mythology. This also explain why the majority of the national personifications of Ireland are women: Ériu, Banba, Fódla, Kathleen Ni Houlihan, Hibernia, The Old Woman of Beare.
- It is the country from which Halloween and St. Patrick's Day originated.
- Contrary to popular belief in other countries (like Murica), not all Irish Catholics supported independence and not all Protestants the union.