This article includes controversial themes within it!
Cataloniaball is a controverisal autonomous communityball of Spainball. It had recently declared independence as Catalan Republicball, but was then re-annexed by Spain after an offensive assault was launched by the Spanish Army 3 days later.
Catalonia is home to Barcelonaball, famous for its excellent soccer team. It made an illegal independence referendum on October 1, 2017, with ~90% of voters supporting independence, though with a turnout of ~42.34%. The referendum itself ended up with Spanish police brutality against Catalan voters.
It will not forgive ISISball for running its dear Barcelonaball over on August 17, 2017.
Origins (600 B.C.-988 A.D.)
Started as a happy 2ball, it was raped by SPQRball during its fight against Carthageball, but it would build Tarracoball, Barcinoball and many roads.
When SPQRball died, it was invaded by the Visigothball, which created a strange mixed German-Roman kingdom, but because its capital was Toledoball (Spain)|Toledoball, sometimes began into rebellion, a tradition that never losed.
Principality of Cataloniaball and Mediterranean expansion (988-1479)
Umayyadball invaded the Iberian Peninsula in 711, and many Christianballs took refuge in the Pyrenees, expecting better times. So, Franksball, which it was stronk, conquered territory until the Llobregat river, included Barcelonaball, and created many counties, the most powerful of them was the County of Barcelonaball.
In 988, this Countyball and the others, angry because West Franciaball ignored them when the Caliphate of Córdobaball attacked its cities, decided to break with its parent. Despite this, Franceball ignored this fact until 1258. So, Cataloniaball was born (more or less) and a few years later it was married to its neighbor, the Kingdom of Aragonball, creating together the Crown of Aragonball.
Under the terms of the marriage, every stateball of the Crown remained independent from the other, and Cataloniaball, now as the Principality of Cataloniaball, discovered that feudalism and Mediterranean trade were awesome things, and at the same time, it created a parliament before it was cool and mainstream.
Feeling stronk, the Principality of Cataloniaball sent its navy to conquer most of the Mediterranean in the Aragonese king's name, conquering Valenciaball, Majorcaball, Sardiniaball and Sicilyball, and sending a group of terrible almogàvers to Greece which occupied Athensball.
Meanwhile, in 1283, thanks to this parliament (the Catalan Courts), it developed a strange obsession for constitutions and for the ban on the king's power, because simply IT CAN. Barcelonaball turned very rich. But the splendor finished when the Mongol Empireball, during one of these friendly travels across the steppes, made a presentation to Europe, the Black Death. Also, plagues and earthquakes made Cataloniaball less rich, and, finally, in 1410 the last king of its native dynasty died. Maybe adding a shitter man figurine into the Nativity scene wasn't a very good idea to God.
Union with Castile and the Spanish Empire (1479-1714)
In 1479, the Crown of Aragonball and the Crown of Castileball married and create the Spanish Empireball. The new agreement was very similar to the Catalan-Aragonse marriage- every state remains politically independent with the same king, so Cataloniaball was very happy. It wasn't very interesting when its cousin Castileball discovered America, because it had its Mediterranean trade, but the Ottoman Empireball attacked the coast, and Cataloniaball cannot move into the trade.
Also cannot into America, and turned more poor and angry, so they started to make many rebellions when discovered the trap: Castileball wanted to centralize the kingdoms of the Empire. This was the worst thing for this little ball. During the Catalan Revolt (1640-1652), adopted the name of Catalan Republicball. Expecting help from cousin Franceball, this ally was even more pro-centralization than its cousin Castilleball, and finally, a tired Cataloniaball surrenders in 1652.
When things got a bit better, the last king of the Spanish Habsburg died, and, without heirs, started a European war for the Spanish Throne. Cataloniaball, thinking that if it supports the Habsburg candidate instead of the Bourbon it will become a modern parliamentary and proto-capitalist country like Englandball or its admired Dutch Republicball, joined the War with a little help of UK, but in the Utrecht pact, UKball betrayed Principality of Cataloniaball, and after that, the army of Principality of Cataloniaball had to fight the Bourbons alone...
2017 Referendum and De Facto Independence
Main Article: Catalan Republicball (2017) On October 1st, 2017 a referendum was held if Catalonia should become independent and the winning vote was "Yes", however Spainball did not recognize the referendum as legitimate and claimed it was illegal according to the Spanish constitution. On 27th October it declared independence but no one recognized it. On October 30th it fled to Belgiumball and suspended its declaration, officially ending the country. In October 14, 2019, it can into protests.
- Second Spanish Republicball - Best parent ever! We shared a common government form and both hated Franco! I can't believe Franco made this imperialist parent who became more corrupt than you! But don't worryings! I will avengings yuo and someday bring you backings to life!
- #1 Best Sib - We are both best twins and we share culture and we have very similar language! We are both separatists as it wants to be independent from France and I am a separatist from Spain! Together we will remove oppressors! Occitania LIURA! Val d'Aranball is all yours :)
- Valenciaball - Sibling, but yuo speak Catalan, not Valencian. Join me plox!
- Balearic Islandsballl - My child with beaches.
- Basqueball - OMG!! Allies!! Allies!! Sib which also want to leave Spainball. It likes fueros very much. Has weird language.
- Sardiniaball - Sibling that wants independence from Italyball. But plox remember Alghero is mine, OK?
- Rohingyaball - I know how yuo feel!
- Andorra la Vellaball - The capital of my beautiful child.
- Andorraball - My beautiful child who is of independent. But WHY DID YOU BETRAY ME AND SAY MY REPUBLIC DIDN'T EXIST!
- UKball - I really, really love your British humor, but... I were more democratic than you and I ALSO REMEMBER 11/9/1714! WE HAD A PACT, UKBALL, BUT YOU IGNORED ME DURING THE FALL OF BARCELONA, AND YOU LEFT ME AND I HAD TO FIGHT CASTILE AND FRANCE! But... well, errr... Monty Python are molt funny! Hehehehe...! PLEASE HELP ME!
- Spainball - I WANT TO BE AN INDEPENDENT REPUBLIC! DO YOU HEAR ME? Yuo are ALWAYS telling me to speak Castilian Spanish and not Catalan. Yuo also won't let me self-govern myself because you are still a dictatorship claiming to be "democratic", you puta! Did you win football? Screw that! Go Spainball YA! Maybe... NO! RECOGNIZE MY INDEPENDENCE AND MY REFERENDUM NOW!! WORST PARENT EVER! However if you depose your king and become a Republic maybe we can be friends.
- Myanmarball - ¡YOU! YOU ARE WORSE THAN SPAIN BY A MILE! YOU ARE THE WORST STATE IN THE WORLD!!! Stop killing the Rohingyas you idiot! AND ALSO A MILLION TIMES HATE FOR YOUR JUNTA!
- ISISball - ¡YOU! ¡BLOODY! ¡ASSHOLE! YOU ALMOST KILLED MY MY CHILD. Also everyone hates you! AND IM GLAD YOU GOT REMOVED IN SYRIA!
- My parent- GIB ROUSILLION BACK AND STOP TRYING TO ERASE MY CULTURE AND LANGUAGE FROM IT!! OH, YOU WANT TO BAN OCCITAN SCHOOLS. HOW DARE YOU! AND RELEASE MY SIBLING!! But yuo are not as bad as Spainball. Rousillion hates yuo more though.
- Budaball - FLAG STEALERS!
- Aragonball - ¡Jajaja I stole your good from your city of Sijena for 30 years! I will not hand back Lerida and Tortosa for it is no longer your marks! Your "history" is my history, and the Crown of Aragon should had been known as the Cataloaragonese crown you irrelevant, small province.