|This page needs some fixing.|
This page needs a clean up in order to meet Polandball Wiki's quality standards. You can help edit the page to improve it.
Reason: Links and icons should be added for the characters in the history section.
— Seikh Mujibur Rahman
|“||"আমার সোনার বাংলা, আমি তোমায় ভালোবাসি।
চিরদিন তোমার আকাশ. (Amar shonar Bangla, ami tomay bhalobashi Chirodin tomar akash, tomar batash.)
— Bangladesh beggining to sing its anthem
Bangladeshball, officially the People's Republic of Bangladeshball, is
currently banging Ladesh a Super-Squeezy sovereign stateball and Unitary Parliamentary constitutional republic in Southern Asia. Its clay is bordered by Indiaball to the North, East, and West, and Myanmarball to the Southeast. The countryball is divided into 7 regionballs including its capital Dhakaball, giving its a total area of 56,977 square miles, making it the 92nd largest countryball in the world. With a population of 165.8 million as of 2019, it is the 8th most populous countryball in the world, even higher than Russiaball, and the 36th most popular human migration destination.
As a Muslim majority countryball with some Hindus, as well as being geographically located in South Asia and having relations with Chinaball, Bangladeshball is a member of the OICball, SCOball, and a founding member of the SAARCball. It also contributes to one of the largest UNball peacekeeping force. It is known for having some of the best religious diversity in the world. It has over 43 different ethnic groups living on its soil.
Bangladeshball is often seen as one of the more peaceful and developing countryballs in South Asia aside from its brothers Indiaball and Pakistanball. Often trying to maintain good ties with pretty much every countryball in the world, it focuses more of its time in developing and dealing with things like floods and refugees such as the Rohingya, which has greatly increased its popularity as it is dealing with one of the world's worst humanitarian crisis'. It is also known for uploading first video on Youtube, Me at the Zoo. It is also the Co-founder of Youtube. Also, Jawed Karim was the first Youtuber of the world and is from its clay.
Her declaration of independence is on March 26th, 1971. It became independent in December 16th, 1971.
From its earliest pre-history Bangladesh has been subject to waves of migration and the incursions of regional – and later European – powers. An Indo-Aryan population, Hindu in belief, arrived between 3,000 and 4,000 years ago and the evidence suggests a flourishing, sophisticated civilisation.
The Moghul dynasty, conquering the territory in the 16th century, spread Islam widely through the country. The following successions of arrivals were the Portuguese, Armenians, French and British, who established military and trade outposts. In 1757 a British force defeated the local army of Nawab Siraj-ud-Daulah and set in train 190 years of British rule.
In 1947 East Bengal and Sylhet (then part of Assam) came to independence out of the UK’s Indian Empire, as the eastern part of the Muslim state of Pakistan. From the start, East Pakistan was beset by problems. In particular, it resented the dominance of its richer and more powerful though less populous partner, West Pakistan, from which it was geographically separated by about 1,600km of Indian territory. Political control, language and economic policy were among the large areas of disagreement. In 1949 the Awami League was established in East Pakistan to campaign for autonomy. Protests and violent demonstrations followed the declaration, in 1952, that Urdu was to be Pakistan’s official language. Bengali was finally accepted as the joint official language two years later.
By the mid-1960s, continued under-representation in the government administration and armed forces and a much less than fair share of Pakistan’s development expenditure gave rise to the belief by many in East Pakistan that the only remedy was greater autonomy and thus more control over its own resources and development priorities and politics. In 1970, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, leader of the Awami League, won an electoral majority in Pakistan’s general election on a platform demanding greater autonomy for East Pakistan. At the same time Zulfikar Ali Bhutto gained a majority in the West. Despite Mujib’s victory, it was prevented by the Pakistan authorities from becoming prime minister of the combined state.
The Awami League then issued its own plans for a new constitution for an independent state, as a result of which the Pakistani army took control and Mujib was arrested in March 1971 after a fierce crackdown. This precipitated civil war, with an estimated 9.5 million refugees fleeing to India as a result, and led to military intervention by India on the side of the Mukti Bahini (Bengali ‘freedom fighters’) at the beginning of December. Two weeks later, Pakistan forces surrendered and the separate state of Bangladesh emerged. Sheikh Mujib returned from captivity in Pakistan in January 1972 and became prime minister. Instability in the new state was compounded by floods, famine, the assassination of Sheikh Mujib in August 1975 – shortly after it became president – and a succession of military coups, with martial law and frequent states of emergency. After a coup in 1975, Major-General Ziaur Rahman (Zia) assumed the leadership and in 1978 it became president. The 1979 general election brought its Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) to government. The country then enjoyed a period of economic and political stability. But in 1981 President Zia was murdered in an attempted coup.
In 1982 the then army chief, Lt-General Hossain Ershad, assumed power after another coup and became president in 1983. In May 1986 elections were held in violent conditions and boycotted by the BNP under Zia’s widow, Begum Khaleda Zia. Ershad’s Jatiya Party (JP) won and the Awami League, led by Sheikh Hasina, the daughter of Sheikh Mujib, boycotted parliament. Ershad won presidential elections in October 1986, and it lifted martial law and reinstated the constitution. The following year was marked by riots and strikes, a state of emergency, thousands of arrests, and house-arrest for Begum Zia and Sheikh Hasina. A general election of March 1988, boycotted by the opposition, returned the JP with 238 seats, and the state of emergency was lifted. Then ensued devastating floods covering up to 75% of the country and making tens of millions homeless.
In December 1990, following mass demonstrations, President Hossain Ershad resigned and was put under house arrest. During 1991 it was convicted of illegal possession of firearms and other offences and sentenced to 20 years’ imprisonment. In the February 1991 elections the BNP won 138 of the 300 directly elective seats and Begum Khaleda Zia was confirmed as the country’s first woman prime minister. The main opposition was the Awami League and its allies, with 95 seats. A national referendum then endorsed a return to parliamentary democracy with a non-executive president. In 1991 a cyclone devastated the south-east coast, killing an estimated 250,000 people.
Political tensions mounted and opposition demands for a fresh general election increased from late 1993 into 1994, culminating in the resignation of all the opposition members from the Jatiya Sangsad in December. In 1995, following further strikes and violent protests staged by the opposition, the Jatiya Sangsad was dissolved at the request of the prime minister, pending the holding of a general election in 1996. The Awami League, Jatiya Party and Jamaat-e-Islami boycotted the poll and the BNP took the majority of votes cast. The opposition parties renewed their campaign and paralysed the country causing severe damage to the economy. In March 1996, the government agreed to the appointment of a neutral caretaker government to oversee the holding of fresh elections. Begum Zia resigned and the Jatiya Sangsad was dissolved.
In the parliamentary elections that followed in June 1996, the Awami League won 146 seats, the BNP 116, Jatiya Party 32 and Jamaat-e-Islami three. An informal alliance with the Jatiya Party allowed the Awami League to gain control of the majority of seats in parliament and Sheikh Hasina became prime minister, with Begum Zia’s BNP now the main opposition which soon began a new campaign of strikes and street protests and a series of long parliamentary boycotts. In 1997 Ershad was released from prison and in March 1998 the Jatiya Party left the ruling coalition. The Awami League, which as a result of a number of by-elections now had an absolute majority, continued on its own. In 1998 the country was again devastated by floods which covered nearly two-thirds of the land area.
On 16th April 2001 Indiaball tried to grab Bangladesh but was beaten back badly. it has its own satellite now.
Despite having an extremely high population, Bangladeshball is not a well known nation. Unlike its neighbors, Bangladeshball is Happy and relaxed. But when a they get a good thing in their hands, don't expect them to let it go easily. They help out neighbors Allies (They have great relations with almost all members of the United Nations).They are also known for speaking the “Sweetest” language, Bengali. Although they are happy, some districts are very poor and corrupt. It has been in multiple wars, but they rather watch and help Allies. Their leaders are careless and have no reason to be up there.
How to draw
Drawing Bangladeshball is easy.
1. Draw a circle.
2. Draw another circle inside the bigger circle, slightly off to the side.
3. Colour the inner circle Imperial red.
4. Colour the outer circle Bangladesh green.
5. Now draw the eyes.
|Bangladesh Green||0, 106, 78||C85-M25-Y71-K30||#006A4E|
|Imperial Red||244, 42, 65||C0-M88-Y73-K0||#F42A41|
- Chinaball - Gib submarines and money plox, BUT WHY DID YOU CREATED TIKTOK?
- NepalRawr - We gib them access to the ocean because they is landlocked. And you've been nice to me since 1972.
- Bhutanball - Me and Indiaball have embassies in his. Of no tourist taxings for me, yay.
- Rohingyaball - Don't worry sibling, I'll take care of you. :)
- Hungaryball - One of the best European countries. Home to alot of South Asian community in the nation. DEFEND MAGYAR!!
- Malaysiaball - My current employer that was one of the first to recognize me. I hope you treated my "legal" workers well. Also it give me Proton Cars and made a movie about my workers in Malaysiaball's clay. It's called Banglasia. Also, I pandei-pandei bolei cakap Malayu (Bangla Malay Dialect) and
help Najib and BN win the election.
- Indonesiaball - Close kebab friend and also of Malaysia's older bro, we both into recognizing Palestineball together and hate Palestine's occupier,
and can also both into bread.
- Palauball - He's my friend because we can into similar flags. And unlike another countryball, nobody ever mixes us two up.
- Turkeyball - I recognized Northern Cyprusball until USAball Stopped me.That is why it likes me.
- Japanball - Someone who takes care of me and I do too. For some reason it calls me "sick" and if it calls me that again, I’l will embrace you with my SUPER HILSHAS! MUHAHAHA!
- South Koreaball - I will give you my happiness! Good place to work!
But yuo should have more bread.
- Liberiaball- We both can into flood! Flood buddies :D! Other than that, I've been sending peacekeeping forces there for almost 2 decades.
- Indiaball - Was a friend in 1971. But now havings love hate relationship, typical frenemy. Indiaball tried to grab Bangladeshballs clay in 2001. But Still give Transit To Indiaball. And Rohit Sharma was out, It wasn't a no ball in the 2015 cricket semi final. Thanks for the satellite, I guess (Tho we is having our own satellite now). Also stop killing my citizens at the border or i will make you pay for it, and thanks for banning TikTok it was toxic.
- Pakistanball -
DIE!!We will never trust you, especially for what you did. You tries to suppress our culture and prohibit our language, and ruin me! You did genocides on me! You fake Kebab doll worshiping freaks!! Bangledesh is Independent. No clay for u plox!! Our relations got better though.
- USAball - We makings clothes for them and Gibs bangla aids. However MORE AIDS PLOX. Also stop controlling who I recognize, and stop using child labour in our factories!
I might becomce commie for this hasrh child labor.
- Israelcube - You are not a real country give Palestineball freedom! END OCCUPATION! YUOR FALAFEL BREAD SUCKS!
- Myanmarball - Stop treating the Rohingyas so poorly! They did nothing wrong to you! WE ARE A POOR COUNTRY, HOW MUCH MORE?! Worst then the Uncivilized beast.
- Sentineleseball - Get in the outside world for once instead of murdering every "intruder" you see. You are worst than Rocket guy.
- Qatarball - Stop enslaving my people. Domestic workers are not slaves. WE DESERVE GETTING PAID NOT WHIPPED!
- Boliviaball - You will not get sea and that's that.
But gib me some bread and ill maybe lend u some water.
- ISISball - He is destroying my country!!! I will never forget what you have done!
- North Koreaball - Why did you steal 1 billion dollars from me!!!! I'm already poor! I wish you the best in regards to unification!
- Franceball - YOU CRITICIZE ISLAM THAT'S WHY I HATE YOU!
But plox gib baguette long bread.
- Gordon Ramsay - Don't mock my beef.
|Divisions||Barishalball • Chattogramball • Dhakaball • Khulnaball • Rajshahiball • Rangpurball • Sylhetball • Mymensinghball|
||Chittagong Hill Tractsball • Bangabhumiball|
|Historical entities||Migrants from the West (Prehistoric Hindustan) • Magadhaball • Mahajanapadaball • Haryankaball • Shishunagaball • Nandaball • Mauryaball • Bengal Sultanateball • Mughalball • Marathasaur • British Rajball • East Pakistanball • Provisional Government of Bangladeshball|
|Members||Afghanistanball • Bangladeshball • Bhutanball • Indiaball • Maldivesball • NepalRawr • Pakistanball • Sri Lankaball|
|Observers||Australiaball • Chinaball • EU Members • Iranball • Japanball • Mauritiusball • Myanmarball • South Koreaball • USAball|
|Countryballs in the Indian-Subcontinent|
|Main Countryballs||Indiaball • Pakistanball • Myanmarball • NepalRawr • Bhutanball • Bangladeshball • Sri Lankaball• Jammu and Kashmirball|
|Other|| Maldivesball |
|🌃 Capitals||Jammuball • Srinagarball • Delhiball • Islamabadball • Naypyidawball • Kathmanduball • Thimphuball • Dhakaball • Colomboball|
||Botswanaball • Cameroonball • Eswatiniball • Gambiaball • Ghanaball • Kenyaball • Lesothoball • Malawiball • Mauritiusball • Mozambiqueball • Namibiaball • Nigeriaball • Rwandaball • Seychellesball • Sierra Leoneball • South Africaball • Tanzaniaball • Ugandaball • Zambiaball|
|Asia||Bangladeshball • Bruneiball • Indiaball • Malaysiaball • Pakistanball • Sri Lankaball • Tringapore|
|Europe||Cyprusball • Maltaball|
|North America||Antigua and Barbudaball • Bahamasball • Barbadosball • Belizeball • Canadaball • Dominicaball • Grenadaball •|
|Oceania||Australiaball • Fijiball • Kiribatiball • Nauruball • New Zealandball • Papua New Guineaball • Samoaball • Solomon Islandsball • Tongaball • Tuvaluball • Vanuatuball|
|Former members||Irelandball (1931-1949) • Maldivesball (1965-2016) • Zimbabweball (1980-2003)|