It is bordered by its 2 neighbors Indonesiaball to the west, and Solomon Islandsball to the east, and is located just north across the Ocean to Australiaball.
The country is divided into 22 provinces, including the capital Port Moresbyball located in the National Capital District, giving it a total area of around 463 000 square kilometers.
It has over 800 tribes and languages. It is among the most rural and least explored countryball on Earthball.
History[edit | edit source]
Papua New Guinea was born as a 7ball and lived peacefully for centuries on the island of New Guinea.
In the 19th century, the Europeans found the East Indies, along with the island of Australia, and began to pillage. Soon, the island of New Guinea was divided into 3 ways between UKball, Hollandball, and Germanyball. Then in 1901, Vegemite gained independence and annexed its parent's part of the islands.
With the outbreak of WW1, the Allied Powers began to attack Germany's colonies around the world. The Empire of Japanball began to annex many of its Pacific islands, and Australiaball was quick to take German New Guineaball.
After that, Dutch East Indiesball and Australiaball's child Territory of Papuaball became the only ones on the island on the Bismarck Archipelago.
German New Guineaball would become Territory of New Guineaball, a twin for Territory of Papuaball to play with.
After the outbreak of WW2 at Pacific in 1942 the Empire of Japanball attacked Papua and New Guineaball in its attempt to attack Australiaball.
New Guineaball was captured, but Papuaball survived and alerted its owner what had happened.
Allied forces fought hard there, and successfully removed Empire of Japanball from Papua.
After the war Territory of New Guineaball became Australiaball's clay again The territories of Papuaball and New Guineaball later merged.
On September 15, 1975 Territory of Papua and New Guineaball became independent as another Commonwealth realm just like Australiaball, New Zealandball, and Canadaball.
Shortly after that unrest started in Bougainvilleball because of disparities and mining issues; despite Bougainvilleball granted autonomy status, the unrest spiraled into a ten-year war that left 20,000 Papuans dead.
In 2019, Bougainvilleball held an independence referendum; 98,3% of inhabitants choose independence. Papua New Guineaball and Bougainvilleball recently made an agreement that the latter will gain their independence by 2027.
Despite being one of least developed countryball, it is living happily for now (somewhat), and its beautiful nature and culture attracts tourists and scientists from all over Earthball.
How to draw[edit | edit source]
Drawing Papua New Guineaball is somewhat hard.
- Draw basic circle shape
- Slash (\) the circle into two side
- The left/bottom side is black
- The right/top side is red
- Draw five white stars on the black side
- Draw a yellow then draw a bird-of-paradise silhouette on the red side
- Add eyes, and you've finished
Flag Colors[edit | edit source]
Relations[edit | edit source]
Friends[edit | edit source]
- Australiaball - Adopted parent. Please give me more attention!
- East Timorball - Both of us are split islands with Indonesiaball controlling the western half so we are good friends.
- Philippinesball - My fellow APEC member and fishing friend! Also, adopted cousin via Anglosphere.
- Malaysiaball - Sibling, we both share islands with Indonesiaball, and your twin towers are awesome.
- Bruneiball - Nice baby sibling. We both like Malaysiaball.
- Tringapore - I love your buildings.
- West Papuaball - My sibling controlled by Indonesiaball. We are on the same clay.
Don't worry, someday I will free you from it, my sibling! And let's unite New Guinea into one country!
- Vanuatuball - It likes my sibling, also we both can into recognise Palestineball.
- Equatorial Guineaball, Guineaball and Guinea-Bissauball - We are all guineas!
- UKball - My Grandpa.
- My Child - Despite the fact that it wants to leave me, we actually don't hate each other that much anymore. We recently made an agreement that it will secure its independence by 2027. I really hope that it enjoys its independence.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Indonesiaball - We are ok... Although I'm concerned with how you treated my sibling.
Can I join ASEAN?
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Empire of Japanball - Yuo cannot anschluss me MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Russiaball - CRIMEA BELONGS TO UKRAINE!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Pacific Ocean
- English Speaking Countryball
- Spanish Speaking Countryball
- German Speaking Countryball
- Papua New Guineaball
- Hiti Motu Speaking Countryball
- Southeast Asia
- Island Countryball
- Funny Name
- Red Yellow Black White
- Can Into New