Timor-Lesteball (Portuguese name, pronounced TEE-more-LESH-tay-ball), better known as East Timorball (English name)
or East Eastball (literal translation), officially the Democratic Republic of Timor-Lesteball, is a countryball in the region of Southeast Asia, that occupies the eastern half of the island of Timor. It has a total of 14,919km² (5,760m²) of clay and 1,317,780 inhabitants, making it the 154th largest and 153rd most populous countryball.
It wants into ASEANcoin, but is often really saddened about this issue because Tringapore won't let it in.
History[edit | edit source]
Timor-Lesteball and its friend/sibling West Timorball were born as a united 7ball and a 1ball. Kingdom of Portugalball and the United Kingdom of the Netherlandsball adopted/colonized the two parts.
They split them in half at following WW2 Empire of Japanball who tormented it from its Parent but they were neutral until 1945 when the USAball bombed it. When Indonesiaball gained independence, Timor-Lesteball didn't join it, instead staying under Portugalball's protection until Salazar was removed from office in 1974.
With Portugalball has a change of personality in 1974, it gave more freedom towards its overseas colonies. At this point, Timor-Lesteball suffered from multiple personality disorder. There were two big factions on its head: Fretilin, who is of leftist and wants independence, and UDT, who wants to keep ties with Portugalball.
Nevertheless, they both decided to unite for independence, however, the coalition was short-lived as Australiaball and Indonesiaball didn't want any Communists in their backyard (Fretilin). So, both countries approached UDT and succesfully convincing them to broke ties with Fretilin, causing civil war in 1975.
UDT later launched a coup against Portuguese Timor government in August 1975 to scare off Fretilin. The situation deteriorated and plunged into chaos as Portugalball didn't even tried to mediate or stop what was happening.
Fretilin, without any option left, decided to declare East Timorball's independence, which happened on November 28, 1975. This is considered by many as East Timor's de facto independence.
UDT, unhappy with the situation, finally decided to side with Indonesiaball and alongside some other Indonesian loyalist factions declared 'Balibo Declaration which basically asked Indonesiaball to annex East Timor. This became the pretext for Indonesiaball to annex East Timor, which happened on December 7, 1975. This is the day of infamy for East Timorball.
It was happy without Portugal. So, it rebelled until the time when Indonesia annexed it and making its clay the un-rightful 27th province of Indonesia, leaving it traveling to Macauball.
Indonesiaball brutally enslaved it during this era due to military occupation.
After Suharto's downfall in 1998, his successor, German-educated B. J. Habibie permitted Timor Timur to commit referendum in 1999. Timor-Lesteball became a fully independent state in 2002. Since its re-independence, its first friend ever was Western Saharaball, since it was the first one to recognize it as an independent country.
Moroccoball, free my friend plox! And also It also recognizes Kosovoball as an independent country unlike Indonesiaball.
Relations (relasaun)[edit | edit source]
Friends (Siera)[edit | edit source]
- B. J. Habibie - Thanks for setting me free. May you Rest In Peace.
- Portugalball - Parent, I fight with it rarely only. (Because I don't hate it very much)
- Brazilball, Mozambiqueball, Angolaball, Guinea-Bissauball, Cape Verdeball, São Tomé and Príncipeball, Macauball - My siblings! HUEHUEHUE! Also Mozambiqueball gave weapons when Indonesia tried to kill me. São Tomé and Príncipeball can into real democracy too!
- Hong Kongball - My sibling's British sibling.
- Philippinesball - My beloved stepcousin, I enjoy its balut and we pray together. Can celebrate Christmas early. BEST OF FRIENDS!
- Israelcube - Yuo hate Sibling so we fine. Also, yuo is helping me learn about Agriculture and how to into Good Navy. Plox be nicer to Hummus tho.
- South Koreaball - Thank you for sending a peacekeeping force for me. I will protect you from your undemocratic sibling.
- USAball - Thank you for gibbing my aid. God bless America! I even use its currency.
but why yuo installing d*ckhead to became Indonesiaball president to bully me?
- Uruguayball - It was a South American version of me, yuo are also part of my hue Siblings Brazilball in the past like me.
- Kuwaitball - We're both getting invaded by our Neighbours, Iraq >>> Indonesia.
- Cyprusball, Djiboutiball, and Gambiaball - Same thing as I said to Kuwaitball.
- Kosovoball - I recognized yuo as a country.
- Western Saharaball - I recognized you, unlike Indonesiaball for supporting Moroccoball autonomy plan but I still hate your Friend. We are fellow Serbiaball haters.
- Chinaball - Yuo helped me gain independence. I really like you.
Neutral (bani)[edit | edit source]
- Indonesiaball - We are former enemies but now it and Philippinesball support my future ASEANball membership so we are neutral now. But 1975 and 1999 never forget. Also, happy 75th anniversary, Teman Moroccoball says that yuo will Anschluss me. You're not going to... right? r-right..?
- West Timorball - We are siblings but why did you help Indonesiaball to anschluss me before?
Enemies (Emigrasas)[edit | edit source]
- Australiaball - Oil theft!
- Moroccoball - It likes my fromer enemy, but free my friend!
- Serbiaball - Free my my friend right now! You are also friends with Moroccoball.
- Tringapore - Why Did you Let Kebab Remover Terrorist join the asean! Let me in! LET ME IN! Pls let me into ASEAN!
- Empire of Japanball - Why did yuo occupy me in 1942, when parent was neutral?
- Suharto - Stay in hell yuo monster! I'm glad yuo been resigned and replaced Habibie then yuo died 2008!
- Vanuatuball - Just quit already and leave my sibling alone.
- Saudi Arabiaball (only in sports) - Knocked me out by 0-10!
- FakeDemo]cracies - These guys have "democratic" in their name, but is authoritarian regime unlike me. AM DEMOCRACY
although flawedAND NOT OF DICTATORSHIPS LIKE YUO!
- : How am I into fake democracy when my president Abiy, was elected by his own people?!
- : Why did you call me a fake democracy although I support you to join ASEAN?!
- : What? Why did you call me a Fake Democratic when my glorious founder and first leader Kim Il-Sung called me democratic in 1945? And why do you also support Stupid Fake Korea?!
- : Am better than Somalia, evil shithole!
- : Why? I was into fake democracy because my people named my country after overthrowing Mobutu Sese Seko in 1997!
- : Rawr. Rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr rawr. (Look. The Communist party basically rules us and our people technically kept voting for them.)
- : How? why did I call a fake democracy, look I named myself after I was Independence from Sissie Baguette, at least you recognize Western Saharaball!
- East Timorball (province) - The Indonesian version of me, who gave me a horrible time.
- Timurid Empireball, Timaruball, Timișoaraball, Timișball - NAME STEALERS!
Trivia (Trivia)[edit | edit source]
- Archaeological remains found in Timor-Lesteball suggest the area has been inhabited for at least 42,000 years, making the site one of Southeast Asia's oldest sites of modern human activity.
- Timor-Lesteball is one of 27 countryballs that doesn’t have a single UNESCOball World Heritage Site. They also do not have any properties on the Tentative List of sites intended to be submitted for nomination.
- Timor-Lesteball's national anthem, “Patria” (Fatherland), was first used when the countryball declared independence from Portugalball in 1975. The song’s lyricist, Francisco Borja Da Costa, was killed in the Indonesian invasion just days later.
- Timor-Lesteball is one of the least visited countries in the world. Their clay only received around 74,000 tourists in 2017. For comparison, Indonesiaball received nearly 13 million.
- Timor-Lesteball is one of Asia's poorest countryballs when measured by GDP per capita, and the poorest countryball in not just Southeast Asia, but East Asia as a whole.
- Despite the belief that any country with "Democratic" in their name are communist or authoritarian, Timor-Lesteball is ranked 44 on the Democracy Index, and has a score 7.06.
- In percentage, it is behind Vaticanball on the list of Catholics.
- Timor-Lesteball is Earthball's second hungriest countryball (behind Chadball and ahead of Madagascarball and suffers from “alarming” levels of hunger according to the 2021 Global Hunger Index.
- As such, Timor-Lesteball is also one of Earthball's least obese countryballs. Out of 191 entities with data, Timor-Lesteball ranked 186th most obese (ahead of Nepalrawr and behind Cambodiaball when measured by the prevalence of obesity among adults over 18 years old.
How to draw[edit | edit source]
Draw East Timorball is somewhat simple:
- Color the basic circle of this red
- Draw a left-triangle border with this yellow
- Color the rest of the triangle of black and draw a white star
- Draw the eyes and you've finished.
Flag Colors[edit | edit source]
|Black||0, 0, 0||C0-M0-Y0-K100||#000000|
|White||255, 255, 255||N/A||#FFFFFF|
|Sunglow||255, 199, 44||C0-M22-Y83-K0||#FFC72C|
|Maximum Red||218, 36, 31||C0-M81-Y87-K15||#DA291C|
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Ommer is a gender-neutral term for an aunt/uncle
- ↑ Tiê is a Portuguese gender neutral term for aunt/uncle
- ↑ Tiê: pronounced; TEE-yeh
Gallery[edit | edit source]
| Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, A.K.A. |
||Lautémball • Baucauball • Viquequeball • Manatutoball • Dili Municipalityball ( Diliball) • Aileuball • Manufahiball • Liquiçáball • Ermeraball • Ainaroball • Bobonaroball • Cova Limaball • Oecusseball|
|Historical entities|| Migrants who crossed the ocean • Portuguese Timorball • |