|“||"the Abbasids were the kin of God's messenger and created from the ancestors of the Prophet Muhammad's family tree."||”|
— as-Saffa, the first Abbasid caliph
Abbasidball was the third Islamic caliphateball. It died in 1257, but its remaining soul was alive until 1517. It is considered by Umayyadball as "The Ultimate traitor of Islam" because of its revolution against it at the "Battle of the Great Zaab River" and also about it giving up Iberia.
The dynasty descended from Muhammad's youngest uncle, Abbas, from whom the dynasty got its name. The ball ruled as caliphs, and spent most of its time in modern-day Iraqball, after grasping control of the Muslim Empireball from the Umayyads in 750. The first Abbasid caliph, "as-Saffa" (r. 25 January 750 – 10 June 754), gave a sermon to justify the newly proclaimed caliphate. He said in it, that "the Abbasids were the kin of God's messenger" and created "from the ancestors of the Prophet Muhammad's family tree."
The second caliph, "al-Mansoor" (r. 10 June 754 – 6 October 775), began the construction of a new capital in Iraqball, on the site of Baghdadball on the banks of the Tigris River. He created a wonderful round city with high walls added; and it was surrounded with four gates. It was a symbol centralizing the power in the hands of the caliph.
The fifth caliph, Harun ar-Rashid (r. 14 September 786 – 24 March 809), grandson of al-Mansoor, is often regarded as the greatest of the Abbasid caliphs. He built the House of Wisdom, which was a beacon of Islamic learning. It was based on the saying by the Prophet Muhammad "The ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr." He therefore launched a new golden age of science. Many Islamic scholars, such as al-Khwarizmi (Latinized as Algorismi, c.780 - c.850), ibn Al-Haytham (Alhazen, c.965 - c.1040) al-Sufi (Azophi, 903-986) ibn Sina (Avicenna, 980-1037) and ibn Rushd (Averroes, 1026-1198) have inspired many scientists throughout the world.
Sadly, the last 300 years were not so successful. Of the 12 caliphs who ruled between 860 and 934, half were murdered. It eventually got worse when Mustaqfi (r. 944 - 46) was forced to hand over Baghdadball to Buyidball, in order to hold on to the caliphate. Other land-hungry dynasties got parts of the rapidly disintegrating caliphate.
Last, Mongols swept in from the east to conquer the caliphate in 1258. Baghdadball was razed (burned to the ground). About 1 million people were slaughtered. The 37th and last Abbasid caliph was rolled in a carpet and trampled to death. The most important state since the time of the Prophet Muhammadﷺ's time... had been extinguished in terror in 1258 during the razing of the capital Baghdad. He was killed by Ilkhanateball. However, after Mamlukball attacked Ilkhanateball, its rule was partially resurrected by Mamlukball in 1261 until 1517 when Ottomanball killed Mamlukball.
Because of its pitch black flag, it is usually featured in comics taking place in the dark, and it appears.
Relations[edit | edit source]
Friends[edit | edit source]
- Iraqball - Iraq, my son! Good job for being strong and cool. Also the place where I took refuge before Mongols killed me. I'm proud of you for never giving up on terrorists.
- Abu Muslim - A Persian general who revolted to Umayyad. Thx for revolting against damn Umayyad and establishing me!
- Samanid Empireball - Good friend. He helped me remove Saffaridball.
- Ghaznavidsball - Same like Samanid.
- Khwarazmian dynastyball - Friend who helped in crusades.
- Gokturkball - A good friend who hated Umayyadball. I helped its son too.
- Mamlukball - This guy helped kebabs to repel Ilkhanateball. May Allah bless him.
- Seljukball - Shukron for removing Buyidball.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Carolingianball - Despite you are infidel, we are friends against my former oppresor .
- Fatimidball - PLOX STOP REVOLTING! But at least he kept the caliph going.
- Rashidunball - Whatever, idk a lot about you except that we have the same flag :p.
- Sultanate of Rumball - Same as Khwarazmian.
Why yuo help Mongols?!
- Kievan Rusball - I don't really know him that well, but shukron for killing Khazariacube, and it also fought Mongols. If it was of Muslim state, it would have been a good friend.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Umayyadball - Damn laknat caliph whom I rebelled against.
Iberia is of Christian!WHY WOULD YOU GENOCIDE SHIAS?! THEY DID NOTHING TO YOU!! I AM GLAD THAT I OVERTHROWN YOU!!
- Qarmatiansball - YUO OF PILLAGE MECCA AND OF MEDINA!!, AND OF KILL PILGRIMAGERS, BURN IN HELL!!
- Saffaridball - STOP STEALING MUH CLAY IN PERSIA!!!
- Khazariacube - REMOVE THIS KAFFIR TURK!!!! YOU ARE THE REASON WHY I CAN NOT INTO CONQUERINGS UPPER BLACK SEA!!
- Buyidball - Damn Persian who tried to anschluss me! Take that kaffir! Seljukball removed yuo!!!!
- Turgeshball -
GIB CLAYOne of many countries whom I tried to convert into Islam. Tried to invade him, but I took a little of its land.
- Mongol Empireball - LAKNAT!!! LAKNAT!!! LAKNAT YUO CHINESE DISTRACTOR!!! YOU DESTROY BEAUTIFUL CITY OF BAGHDAD!
- Ilkhanateball - LAKNAT!!! DAMN TENGRIST MONGOL WHO HELPED THAT BARBARIC MONSTER TO ANSCHLUSS ME!!! HULAGU KHAN WAS A DAMN SILLY KHAN!!!
- Bagratid Armeniaball - STOP REVOLTING! But shukron for helping against that damn Greek.
- Byzantine Empireball - LAKNAT AL-YUNANI EMPIRE!!! GET YOU AND YOUR RELIGION OFF FROM MIDDLE EAST!!! MIDDLE EAST IS JUST FOR ISLAM!!!
- Crusaders - LAKNAT! LAKNAT! LAKNAT!!! GET OFF MUH LANDS WHICH YOU CALL "IMPORTANTS" YOU UNHOLY ARMIES!!!
- 8ball - Oh hey, looks like you stole my flag.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Artwork belongs to @Khizarlikespolandball2012
Also made by @Khizarlikespolandball2012
||Baghdadball • Basraball • Dhi Qarball • Diyalaball • Dohukball • Erbilball • Kirkukball • Muthannaball • Najafball • Wasitball|
|Historical entities||Ancient people that decided to establish a Civilization in the Middle East • Sumerball • Babylonball • Assyriaball • Macedonball • Seleucidball • Parthiaball • SPQRball • Sassanidball • Rashidunball • Umayyadball • Abbasidball • Ilkhanateball • Jalayiridsball • Qara Qoyunluball • Aq Qoyunluball • Safavidball • Afsharidball • Ottomanball • Mandatory Iraqball • Kingdom of Iraqball • Iraqi Republicball (1958–68) • Ba'athist Iraqball|
- Historical Countryballs
- Saudi Arabiaball
- Arabic Speaking Countryball
- Persian Speaking Countryball
- Indian Ocean
- Black Yellow