This article may be spammed with biased information.
This article requires sanitation. Particularly, it needs more accurate information, less vandalistic information, less biased information, and better formatting.
Papuan habitation of the region is estimated to have begun between 42,000 and 48,000 years ago. Diverse cultures and languages have developed in the island due to geographical isolation; there are over 300 languages and two hundred additional dialects in the region. Ghau Yu Kuan, a Chinese merchant, came to Papua around the latter half of 500 AD and referred to it as Tungki, the area where they obtained spices. Meanwhile, in the latter half of 600 AD, the Sumatra-based empire of Srivijayaball (7th century–13th century) referred to the island as Janggi. The empire engaged in trade relations with western New Guinea, initially taking items like sandalwood and birds-of-paradise in tribute to Southern Qiball, but later making slaves out of the natives. It was only at the beginning of 700 AD that traders from Abbasid Persiaball and Gujaratball began to arrive in what is now Papua and call it Dwi Panta or Samudrananta. During the 14th century, Papua was said to be the eighth region of the Majapahitball Empire.
On 16 May 1545, Yñigo Ortiz de Retez, took possession of the land for the Spanish Crown, in the process giving the island the name by which it is known today. He called it Nueva Guinea owing to the resemblance of the local inhabitants to the peoples of the Guinea coast in West Africa. With the increasing Dutch grip on the region, the Spanish left New Guinea in 1663. In 1660, the Netherlandsball recognized the Sultan of Tidore Sultanateball's sovereignty over New Guinea. New Guinea thus became notionally Dutch as the Dutch held power over Tidore. To prevent further UKball presence on Papua the Dutch proclaimed control over New Guinea. At much the same time, Britain claimed south-east New Guinea, later known as the Territory of Papua, and German Empireball claimed the northeast, later known as the Territory of New Guinea. The German, Dutch and British colonial administrators each attempted to suppress the still-widespread practices of inter-village warfare and headhunting within their respective territories. In 1901, the Netherlands formally purchased West New Guinea from the Sultanate of Tidore, incorporating it into the Netherlands East Indiesball.
Following the Indonesian National Revolution, the Netherlands formally transferred sovereignty to the United States of Indonesia, the successor state to the Netherlands East Indies, on 27 December 1949. However, the Dutch refused to include Netherlands New Guinea in the new Indonesian Republic and took steps to prepare it for independence as a separate country. In response to Indonesian aggression, the Netherlands government stepped up its efforts to prepare the Papuan people for self-determination in 1959. Following the Act of Free Choice plebiscite in 1969, Western New Guinea was formally integrated into the Republic of Indonesia. Instead of a referendum of the 816,000 Papuans, only 1,022 Papuan tribal representatives were allowed to vote, and they were coerced into voting in favor of integration. While several international observers including journalists and diplomats criticized the referendum as being rigged, the USAball and Australiaball support Indonesia's efforts to secure acceptance in the UNball for the pro-integration vote.
How to draw
Drawing West Papuaball is simple:
- Draw the basic circle shape
- Draw a red left stripe with a white star.
- Divide the rest into 13 blue and white stripes.
- Draw the eyes and you've finished.
|Electric red||221, 0, 0||C0-M100-Y100-K13||#DD0000|
|Sea blue||0, 102, 153||C100-M33-Y0-K40||#006699|
|White||255, 255, 255||N/A||#FFFFFF|
- Papua New Guineaball - Sibling, we live together on the same clay. But recognize me!
- Netherlandsball - I disliked your colonial rule, but we are fine now. Gib support plox!
- Senegalball - Kebab, diplomatic friend.
- FSAball - The true Syria! But please support me plox.
- Acehball - Former separatist who wants independence from Indonesia. I helped it when it fought against Indonesia. Sadly it is not separatist anymore.
- South Malukuball - It also wants independence from Indonesia. Sadly it is of gone.
- Kosovoball - Since Indonesiaball hates yuo, I will support yuo.
- Crimeaball - Yuo are of Russian Clay.
- Monacoball - It hates Indonesia because stealing its flag.
- North Sulawesiball - It also wants independence from Indonesia, but lately has been slacking off and being spoiled by Indonesiaball.
Why are you being lazy sibling? Don't you want independence too?!
- Vanuatuball - Thank you for supporting my independence!
- Benny Wenda - Yuo are true hero, but sadly This bastard calls you a terrorist.
- Israelcube - It doesn't like Indonesia because of Palestine but good thing I'm not reconized Palestineball. Please support me, OK?
- Angolaball - Another African country that hates Indonesiaball because of the things it has done to East Timorball! But support me plox!
- Jamaicaball - Caribbean weed man who hates Indonesia! But please also support me plox!
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadinesball - Recognized me but why yuo recognized passport of it?
- Albaniaball - I support Kosovo, but why yuo support Indonesiaball?
- Philippinesball - INDONESIA SUPPORTER! But at least we support Israel.
- Myanmarball - I support it on the Rohingya Issue, but yuo supoprt Indonesia against me!
You just admire genociders don't yuo.
- Solomon Islandsball - Why did you stop supporting me?
- Indonesiaball - WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!? YOU USE POLICE BRUTALITY AGAINST ME JUST BECAUSE WE WANTED FREEDOM! 1961 NEVER FORGET!!! GIVE REFERDUM!!
- Australiaball - Traitor! Why you exploit and opressings me?
- Cubaball, Puerto Ricoball, and Liberiaball - FLAG STEALERS!!
- Russiaball, Chinaball and USAball - Why can't you three help me? Indonesia wants to hurt and assassinate my people by force!
- Venezuelaball - Why don't you put me on the decolonization agenda list?!
- East Timorball - Yuo used to be good, but now you are a slave of my parent!
- Serbiaball - Yuo supportings that genocidal maniac!
- : You are similar to Kosovo! TAKE THAT!
- Marshall Islandsball, Palauball, Tuvaluball, and Nauruball - Why did you guys withdraw support?!
- More Puppets - Why do you all guys support Indonesia?!
- Fijiball - Worse than Australiaball! Also of Indonesia supporter!
- Egyptball and Syriaball - First friends of Genocider!! REMOVE PYRAMIDS AND BASHAR AL-ASSAD!!
- South Africaball - How dare you be friends with that fucker and hate my friend for stealing its flag?!
- Japanball - The modern version of THAT GENOCIDAL EMPIRE! REMOVE SUSHI!!
- Gambiaball - Why do yuo hate my friend Senegalball?!
- Empire of Japanball - Haha!! Yuo cannot into fully anschlussings me and my sibling!
- Palestineball - Fake Country!
West Papuaball (left) with South Malukuball
West Papuaball and Papua New Guineaball discuss about Independence and Timor
West Papuaball captured by Indonesiaball