In 1634, Dutch Republicball, who recently broke free from Spanish Empireball, invaded and occupied the island, colonizing it. The clay soon became an important port for
slave trade due to its location.
The territories of Arubaball, Bonaireball and Curaçaoball became united in 1815 under File:Curaçao and Dependencies-icon.png Curaçao and Dependenciesball where Curaçaoball was officially known as the Territory of Curaçaoball. This union was then succeeded by Netherlands Antillesball in 1954, now including Sababall, Sint Eustatiusball and Sint Maartenball. This time, Curaçaoball was under the name of the Island Territory of Curaçaoball.
The union dissolved and turned into Caribbean Netherlandsball on the 10th of October 2010 when Curaçaoball and Sint Maartenball became more autonomous, while still part of Netherlandsball ( Arubaball had already done so earlier in 1986).
Nowadays, it is a constituent countryball in the Netherlandsball.
How to draw
Draw Curaçaoball is simple:
- Color the basic circle shape of this blue.
- Draw a thick yellow horizontal line (decentralized to the bottom).
- Draw in the upper left part two white stars (in diagonal up-left to right-down). The right-down one can be turned into an eyepatch.
- Draw eyes and you've finished.
- Curaçao (countryball catch 'em all).png
- Error creating thumbnail: File with dimensions greater than 12.5 MP