SPQRball was a very powerful and strong empire. It expanded from the easternmost sides of the middle east to modern day England. The majority of SPQR's conquests were successful, and he got larger and larger. With his powerful and disciplined army at his side, they managed to protect the empire's borders while at the same time, beat Rome's enemies, especially Parthiaball, nomadic tribes in the dessert, Picts from Scotland and Germaniaball. Under the Severan Dynasty, which ruled Rome from 193-235, the Roman Army was at their peak, always punching their enemies hard. However, after Septimus Severus died, the army was too large to support, his successor, Caracalla began reducing the silver content in the Roman coins, which caused some economic problems. In 212, presumably under his orders, he commanded his Praetorian Guard to assassinate his younger brother, Geta. The next year, he managed to wage a successful war against the Germanic tribes. Aside from that, he also increased the pay of his troops, which led to more economic downturn
and hey what if all the crops in the Great Plains were destroyed in a drought and a big dust storm engulfed the area?. He then shifted his forces to the east and waged a new war against Parthia. However, he was assassinated by a Praetorian prefect named Macrinus, who declared himself imperator and fought the Parthians. Despite inflicting heavy casualties to their counterparts, the Romans were finally defeated after Macrinus was shocked with horror over the loss of many soldiers. He then sued for peace. Just a few years after the battle, the Parthians were toppled from power.
After that crushing defeat, the Severans were restored from power, the Severans however, weren't great anymore and in 235, the Praetorians assassinated the last Severan emperor, Alexander Severus. After his assassination, the Crisis of the Third Century erupted where 26 emperors claimed the throne in just half a century. By 268, the empire was ripped into 3 pieces, this 3 parts were the legit Roman Empire, which includes Italia, Africa, Turkey(excluding Cappadocia), their Balkan holdings, Greece and later, Hispania, while in the east, the File:Palmyra-icon.png Palmyrene Empire was born and the west, the Gallic Empire was declared. In 270, Aurelian rose to power because he's a prominent general of Claudius II. During his short reign, he managed to reunited the empire and defeated Germanic tribes that always wanted to loot the empire. However, while preparing an expedition against the Sassanidball, he was assassinated by his senior officers because the officers were fooled by a courtier, who feared Aurelian's wrath, forged a series of documents condemning those same men to death. He then showed the documentation to the officers, who acted swiftly without thought and assassinated Aurelian after dismissing his bodyguard. However, they came to realize their foolishness and in revenge, tied the courtier to a tree and abandoned him to be eaten by beasts lurking in the night. Aurelian's death started a new round of the crisis, but in 284, the crisis was finally ended by Diocletian, who initiated reforms and divided the Roman clay into 4 parts, each ruled by 2 Augustuses(the legit emperor/s) and 2 Caesars(which are like prince AKA the heir designate to the Augustus). This system was known as Tetrarchy and although it worked very well, it quickly lose its effectiveness after Diocletian's death. In 306, Constantine I(the Great) aimed to reunite the empire under one ruler. He also made Christianity legal(although many Roman citizens still adhered to Roman polytheism). After Constantine's death, the empire was again split by his sons. However, Constantius II managed to reunite again the empire after defeating his brothers' usurpers.
Constantius contracted a fever in 361 and he made his cousin, Julian his successor. In 363, Julian was killed in the Battle of Samarra by Shapur II's army. Although it's heavily disputed who actually won the battle, it forced the Romans to retreat. Julian was succeeded by Jovian, who ruled for 9 months. He was then succeeded by Valentinian I in 364 who again divided the empire. In 378, the Eastern Roman Empire was defeated by the Goths in Adrianople, killing Valentinian's brother and co-emperor, Valens. In 395, the Roman Empire was reunited for the final time by Theodosius I the Great, he made Christianity the official religion, banned all religions(except Christianity), defeated the empire's enemies and many more. He however, made only one Christian denomination legal, and that is Nicene Christianity, which effectively meant that all other denominations of Christianity illegal(yep, he made those illegal and branded them as heretics), their Germanic foederati(allies), adhered to a different denomination(Arian Christianity, hey btw fun fact, Constantius II was an Arian himself) and thus, alieanated him from his allies. Theodosius died in the same year he reunited the Roman Empire, his 2 sons, Arcadius and Honorius divided the empire amongst themselves, splitting the Roman world permanently(until Justinian's reconquest of the West). The East still managed to stabilize and survive from their enemies while the West suffered from the raids of Barbaric tribes. In the West, despite Honorius having a great loyal Barbaric general named Stilicho by his side, he created enemies in Honorius' court. In 408, Stilicho's enemies executed him and the West suffered greatly from the Barbaric tribes.
In 410, the symbol of the empire, Rome, was sacked by the Visigoths under Alaric(he himself was a foederati under Theodosius) and as usual, the West still suffered problems, including German invasions, civil wars, rebellions and internal mismanagement.
In 455, the Vandals sacked Rome(thus forming the modern word, Vandals, meaning "one who destroys a public place", and Vandalism, "an act of destroying a public place"). In 457, Majorian, a prominent general, ascended to the throne. He was the last Roman emperor to reestablish control over former Roman territories and defend those territories from invasions. He however, was executed by his former guard(he disbanded them for unknown reasons and in revenge, dethroned and executed him). With Majorian's death, Roman grip on the western provinces declined even further until 476, when Odoacer, an Ostrogothic foederati deposed Romulus Augustulus and declared himself "King of Italy", bringing an end to Roman domination in their western provinces.(Justinian did restore Roman rule in Italy and other western territories in the west though, just a couple decades after the Western Roman Empire's fall, however, it was only partial but nah, who even cares?)
- SPQRball - our father with Byzantine Empireball, sadly I didn't managed to defend my inherited clay(sad)
- Byzantine Empireball - my brother and he attempted to revive our father's glory
- Spainball - my vulgar Latin (Spanish) speaking daughter who has an obsession with football
- Franceball - my vulgar Latin speaking (french) daughter
- Italyball - my vulgar Latin speaking (Italian) son who holds the birthplace of SPQRball
- Vaticanball - my son who still speaks Latin. He is located in the center of SPQRball's birthplace
- Portugalball - my vulgar Latin speaking (portuguese) son
- UKball - Partially Latin speaking son (due to England having words that come from Latin) who managed to conquer much of the world
- Andorraball - vulgar latin speaking (Catalan) son who is super tiny
- Switzerlandball - my vulgar Latin speaking (Romansh) son who has an obsession with chocolate
- Sloveniaball - not Latin but rather Slavic daughter
- Croatiaball - Slavic son who was later placed in hands of Byzantineball like his sister
- Austriaball - My child who at one point was under my rule. WHY YUO BE GERMANIC?
- Serbiaball - Slavic son who has an obsession with removing kebab
- Belgiumball - son who got invaded. FREE WALLONIA. IS OF TRUE LATIN DESCENT
- Bosnia and Herzegovinaball - son who became Slavic after my downfall but why yuo become kebab?
- San Marinoball - oldest of my children yet of super tiny
- Netherlandsball - like most others he stayed Germanic after my fall and never bothered to be Latin. I HATINGS OF YUO
- Philippinesball - my granddaughter in the far east, Latin culture and Catholic thrives there through him!
- Germanyball - I HATINGS OF YUO. DESCENDANT OF GERMANIABALL. REMOVE GERMANIA. YUO OF KNOWINGS I USED TO OWN PART OF YOUR CLAY.
- Monacoball - vulgar Latin speaking (Monegasque) son. Plox change your flag. It's hard to tell from Polandball and indonesiaball.
- Hungaryball - unlike the rest, this one is special, after I lost him he turned uralic. Mysterious.
- Gibraltarball - Yuo of belongings to Spain
- Liechtensteinball - Why yuo of Germanic instead of Latin?
- Guernseyball - Why yuo of England instead of France?
- Jerseyball - same as Guernsey
- Moroccoball - Son I used to own. WHY YUO BECOME KEBAB? LONG LIVE CHRIST!
- Libyaball - kebab son I held part of. At least I wasn't as corrupt as he was.
- Algeriaball - kebab son. Plox rspect your brother Morocco
- Maltaball - yuo of Italy
- Slovakiaball - my slavic son
- Luxembourgball - my son and the only one who is a duchy
- Tunisiaball - the only kebab who is democratic
- Germaniaball - my foederati, but why u split my clay with other Germanic tribes
- Sassanidsball - my father's enemy, later, my brother's enemy, HAHAHAHAHA MY BROTHER BEAT U
- Hunnic Empireball - he forced Germanic tribes to flee to my clay and they started splitting my clay into their own, HAHAHAHAAH HE DIDNT WON IN THID BATTLE
How to draw
Drawing Western Roman Empireball isn't difficult:
- Draw the basic circle shape with a red Chi-Rho symbol in the center
- Draw the eyes and you've finished.