The Bororo Indians live in the Mato Grossoball area. As late as 1880, soldiers patrolled lands on the outskirts of Cuiabá, Mato Grosso's capital and largest city, to protect settlers from Bororo raids.
By the end of the 19th century, although severely reduced by disease and by warfare with explorers, slave traders, prospectors, settlers, and other indigenous groups, as many as five to ten thousand Bororo continued to occupy central and eastern Mato Grosso, as well as western Goiásball. The southwestern part of this state was ceded by Brazilball to Boliviaball in exchange for the then-Bolivian territory of Acreball, according to the Treaty of Petrópolis in 1903.
This historically remote area attracted expeditions of exploration in the early 20th century that sought to find lost civilizations. A notable example was British Captain Percy Fawcett's expedition to find the Lost City of Z which he believed existed in the jungles of Brazilball. Certain proponents of the Hollow Earth hypothesis speculated that the region had sites of access to the interior of the earth and its settlements.
In 1977, the state was split into two halves, and the neighboring state of Mato Grosso do Sulball was created from the other part of its territory.
- Mato Grosso do Sulball: My little sibling, it was originally part of me... Weird...
- Amazonasball: Weird cousin that I've barely had any contact of. Most of the time it's either complaining about ''getting his florest ruined'' or that I have to many cows.
- Goiásball: Good friend, it always has my back (Literally) and it has its child Distrito Federalball (A big deal!).
- Rondôniaball: My little sibling, it used to be part of me too.She's exactly like me. ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶ ̶T̶e̶x̶a̶s̶b̶a̶l̶l̶.
- Virginiaball: A guy who from USAball who Some of the neighbour was used to be part of it!!
- Distrito Federalball: Child of Goiás, he's very nice
and I bribe it for reals.Also thanks for all the tourism in the Central Region.
- Boliviaball: My parent, if not, a little drugged and crazed, keeps complaining about having no sea, just like me.
- Tocantinsball: Another good bar friend, nothing of interesting with it except that it's kinda psychotic...
- Paráball: My siamese twin, a large state like me! But it disagrees if I try to cut his trees (which annoys me).
- Paraguayball: My other parent, it hates me questioning why it and my other parent are married (They both hate each other don't they? I dunno).
- Texasball: My exact clone. I AM OF HATINGS IT!!! IT'S EXACTLY LIKE ME! WE BOTH ARE SPANISH, WE ARE BOTH THE WILD WEST! AND WE ARE BIG STATES!!! (Although I'm bigger, I have a famous swamp, I don't have ebolaids and I'm better looking).
By u/Luan, o próprio