Administrators on Polandball Wiki are users who are in charge of monitoring the wiki and handling administrative tasks.
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, and uploaded files.
- Protecting certain pages so they cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing and and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Resolving issues that appear in the community.
- Give confirmed, autopatrolled, rollbacker and moderator rights to trusted users.
A special type of administrators, interface administrator may edit interface messages, allowing changes to the wiki's look and behavior. This right is granted at the discretion of Polandball Wiki bureaucrats, following consensus, and they must have 2FA enabled.
They can grant several rights depending on what is needed. Moderators have many of the page management abilities admins do, but cannot block or make major wiki decisions on their own. Rollbackers can quickly revert undesirable edits made by a single user. Autopatrolled is an indication of trust, that one's edits do not need to be 'patrolled'.
Appointment & Revocation
Administrators may be appointed by the community following a request at Polandball Wiki:Requests for rights.
In order to apply for administrator, a user must:
- Have at least 500 local edits
- Have a local (not global) account age of at least 6 months; and,
- Be on the Polandball Wiki Discord Server
In order to win a request for rights, the candidate needs to:
- Have at least 7 unique votes. Any user who uses sockpuppetry, meatpuppetry, or canvasses their vote will be disqualified immediately and will be barred for a year from requesting any rights. The user may also face a local ban. Should they have any local rights (apart from autoconfirmed), it will be revoked and all associates in the plot will also suffer the same consequences if not harsher.
- Have a support ration of at least 70%.
- Have had their requests for rights opened for at least 1 week.
Bureaucrats will be in charge of closing local requests for rights and will serve as scrutineers, ultimately holding the power to discard votes which are deemed to have been casted fraudulently or overrule local consensus for rights if a majority of bureaucrats deem that the candidate is unfit to be administrator or have doubts in the vote results. Bureaucrats may request Stewards scrutinize the results via a CheckUser if they suspect voter fraud. Bureaucrats should provide ample evidence for this if that is the case. Bureaucrats may also close requests early if it seems that the candidate will not win by a large margin. Only users who have have at least 100 edits and 1 month of account age locally (not globally) will be able to vote on Request for rights.
Administrators are held to a high conduct standard and may have their rights revoked if their conduct falls below standards. This includes causing drama and issues on-wiki, off-wiki and on other wikis if the issues affect Polandball Wiki, its users, or reputation (bureaucrats may assess on a case-by-case manner what constitutes off-wiki drama). Administrator conduct also falls below standards if they misuse their rights to cause damage to the wiki (vandalism, attacking other users, etc.) or lack competency and maturity (competence is required of administrators). Administrators should never misuse their tools to their own advantage or to apply pressure to fellow editors to get their way or to get a dispute resolved in their favor, doing so may result in revocation.
The community may also start a vote of no confidence and recall administrators at any time at Project:Requests for rights. To recall an administrator, the vote must have at least 10 votes with a support ratio of over 70% and must be open for a minimum of 1 week (though the period may be extended by bureaucrats to 1 month). All users voting on the vote of no confidence must have at least 100 edits and 1 month of account age locally (not globally). As with appointment via the Requests for rights process, bureaucrats will be in charge of the vote (including closing it and assessing consensus), will serve as scrutineers and hold the power to discard votes only if they believe they have been casted fraudulently through sockpuppetry, meatpuppetry, or if a user canvassed the vote. As with the previous section, users caught engaging in dishonest voting practices face revocation of all rights for a year and a possible ban. A majority of bureaucrats may also rule to override consensus on revocation or may close a vote of no confidence early if:
- They believe the request has been made in bad-faith or lacks merit.
- They believe the request will fail by a large margin (bureaucrats should only close after 4 days if such is the case)
- They believe the request lacks no merit, is completely true and shows that the administrator has engaged in wrongdoing. In such case, the bureaucrat may close the vote of no confidence early in favor of revoking the right and may revoke the right per bureaucrat discretion.
Bureaucrats, as a majority and through consensus, may remove administrators at any time.
Admistrators may be demoted if they do not have at least 1 log action done in at least 3 months. Should that happen, they may reapply through another Request for rights.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
Administrators are trusted members of the community appointed through community consensus. Typically, they are established users within the Polandball Wiki community with long term involvement and strong contributions to the community, as well as the skills to use their power responsibly. Bureaucrats are the most trusted of these users and act as the leaders.
For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:ListUsers/sysop.
Warning: This table may fall out of date from time to time. The above ListUsers page provides up-to-date information always.
|File:AgentIsai-icon.png Agent Isai||US||2021||Yes||Yes||Auto||Auto||Auto||Yes|
- Administrators have all privileges from inferior groups.
- Moderators can perform rollbacks.
How do I use administrator powers?
If you are unsure how to use powers, feel free to ask a more senior administrator or bureaucrat for advice. Alternatively, you may request rights on the Miraheze Public Test Wiki, where you can experiment with powers at any time to see what is possible.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should be conservative in using their powers, especially to block, protect or delete things if they are not outright vandalism or severe policy violations. For minor issues or community disputes, diplomacy should be used. Administrators should be responsible and arbitrate issues, not make them worse. It's preferred to assume good faith that a user was trying to do good and to correct them, rather than punish them. In most cases, an administrator should be a regular user who happens to have powers when an issue appears.
|Bureaucrats and Administrators||File:AgentIsai-icon.png Agent Isai (Owner) • Collisions • File:Catgirl Theologian-icon.png UsualInferno • IntenCity999 • TEB|
|Rollbackers and Moderators||Icantthinkofanamexd • File:Livony-icon.png Engelixir • IberianUnionbest|
|Discord Server Staff||File:AgentIsai-icon.png Agent Isai (Owner) • File:Catgirl Theologian-icon.png UsualInferno • Collisions • IntenCity999 • ShadowSpirits8877 • File:BlazingBlood-icon.png BlazingBlood • Shiningflair|
|Inactive and Retired Staff||TheGermanicCanadian • Reagan (†) • Siberiaball (founder) • SexyMordecai5 • Antonio12ITA • Voztok (mainly on the Spanish wiki) • File:Bain-icon.png BainTheCool • Luki1223 • NESTLEH • Byz-Venetikos • Mtcat101 • Killlakil • Bresbeba • Finnsball • Meeerko • Pescavelho • WestKoreaBestKorea|