This article requires more investment.
This article is a stub. You can improve this page by adding information about it. To add information about how this page can be improved, discuss in the comments.
ECOWASball (French and Portuguese:CEDEAO(balle/bola)), officially the Economic Community of West African Statesball, is a reigonal organization of West African countryballs.
ECOWASball was established on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, with its stated mission to promote economic integration across the region. Considered one of the pillar regional blocballs of the continent-wide African Economic Communityball (AECball), the stated goal of ECOWASball is to achieve "collective self-sufficiency" for its members by creating a single large trade bloc by building a full economic and trading union.
ECOWASball also serves as a peacekeeping force in the region, with members occasionally sending joint military forces to intervene in the bloc's members at times of political instability and unrest. In recent years these included interventions in Côte d'Ivoireball in 2003, Liberiaball in 2003, Guinea-Bissauball in 2012, Maliball in 2013, and Gambiaball in 2017.
Covering a region known as a "coup belt," ECOWASball, since the 1990s, has attempted to defend the region's shift towards democracy against authoritarian attacks. However, it has been cited for weak and ineffective responses in the early 2020s, when three members suffered military coups -- two in Maliball, one attempt in Nigerball, and one in Guineaball.
Although most of the time it is generally happy, ECOWASball is actually controlled by its children, UEMOAball and WAMZball. The two`s personality is very similar, but the former likes French and CFA franc, while the latter likes English and dislikes the CFA franc. This sometimes makes ECOWASball very confused.
All members except for Cabo Verdeball are founding members. Also, there are 2 categories that divide the members, Zone A/B, UEMOA/WAMZ/Neither.
- Cabo Verdeball (Neither UEMOA nor WAMZ)- Smallest and isolated, and has highest GDP per capita, and had no coup. But is it right that yuo are preparing to halfly leave?
- Gambiaball (WAMZ) - Another small one that I helped removing the president refusing to step down, Yahya Jammeh.
- Guineaball (supsended)(WAMZ) - Another military coup? You know what that means...
- Guinea-Bissauball(UEMOA) - I helped in civil war and endless coups.
- Liberiaball (WAMZ)- Member that I helped in 2003.
- Maliball (suspended)(UEMOA) - STOP with the civil war and stop the endless COUPs!!
- Senegalball (UEMOA) - No coup, and has own type of Jolof rice.
- Sierra Leoneball (WAMZ)-
- Beninball (UEMOA) -
- Burkina Fasoball (UEMOA) - We are helpings him in our DEMSAN project.
- Ghanaball (WAMZ)- The birthplace of Kwame Nkrumah! He was a great leader, but unfortunately owerthrown by a COUP.
- Côte d'Ivoireball (UEMOA)-
- Nigerball (UEMOA) - Also is involed in the project.
- Nigeriaball (WAMZ) - The de facto leader of me.
- Togoball (UEMOA)-
- Mauritaniaball - Enslaver!! As yuo are already in another union, don`t come!
- Moroccoball - Wants to join, but I don`t think accepting is good.
Things that only UEMOAball or WAMZball feel is in Italic.
- Boko Haramball- REMOE TERRORISTS! They do bad things to My members!!!!
- Maliball and Guineaball - Stop with the COUPS!!
- There are 8 Francophone, 5 Anglophone, and 2 Lusophone countryballs(Currently suspended Maliball and Guineaball are included; both suspended countryballs are Francophone) in the organization. This largely determines whether a countryball joined UEMOA or WAMZ, provided that all Francophone countryballs except for Guineaball, and Guinea-Bissauball(that is the only non-Francophone in UEMOA) joined UEMOA and all Anglophone countryballs and Guineaball joined WAMZ. Cabo Verdeball joined neither.
- Will never decide whose Jolof rice in the region is the best.
|Zone A||Cabo Verdeball • Gambiaball • Guinea-Bissauball • Guineaball • Liberiaball • Maliball • Senegalball • Sierra Leoneball|
|Zone B||Beninball • Burkina Fasoball • Côte d'Ivoireballe • Ghanaball • Nigerball • Nigeriaball • Togoball|
|UEMOA members in italics. WAMZ members in bold. Suspended members in red.|
|International||BRICSbrick • Commonwealthball • IMFball • NAMball • OECDball • OPECball • Francophoneball • UNball • CPLPball|
|Regional||ACSBall • African Unionball ( East African Communityball • ECOWASball) • ALBAball • Arab Leagueball • Arab Maghreb Unionball • Arctic Councilball • ASEANcoin • Baltic Assemblyball • Beneluxball • CARICOMball • CEFTAball • CISball • Danube Commissionball • ECOball • EFTAball • EUball • Eurasian Unionball • Gulf Cooperation Councilball • IMFball • Nordic Councilball • OASball • OICball • OSCEball • Pacific Allianceball • Pacific Communityball • PARLACENball • SAARCball • SICAball • Turkic Councilball • Union for the Mediterraneanball • USMCAball • Visegrád Groupball|
|Military alliances||CSTOball • NATOball • SCOball|
|Historical||League of Nationsball • Comeconball • ECSCball • WEUball • SEATOball • Warsaw Pactball • EECball • Latin Unionball • UNASURball|